Quondam Dreams

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Dreamtime

Last night, I had a dream.

It was not about love, or flying, or any other wish-fulfillment.

It was not a nightmare born of my fears and insecurities.

No, last night -- for no apparent reason -- I dreamt that I was hanging out in a sunlit nook with one of my college professors. We were talking about economic reporting along race, class and gender lines. I was putting forth the half-formed opinion that, based on the way the axes tend to intersect, it could be argued a middle- to upper-class woman would have more insight than a middle- to upper-class man when reporting on working-class issues. We discussed it for a good little while.

I woke up thinking that I should have brought up Barbara Ehrenreich as a test case.

My brain is a very strange place.

(Like this is news.)

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home