Quondam Dreams

Friday, November 28, 2008

Not The Way-Post-Election Post

I doubt that anyone but me missed it, but I've officially given up on the post-election post this time round. Since everything in my life happens at once, I had some health issues emerge at the same time as the final election run-up. I could keep them at the back of my mind while I was spending my days and evenings gleefully buried in data - but now, without the election to distract me, I've been kind of preoccupied with the personal.

(It's nothing life-threatening. It's something that can be controlled for now, but the controlling is a whole process. There is a small-but-significant chance I might need surgery in a couple-few months, which adds another layer of fun to the ongoing job hunt. In case any potential employers are Googling me, I'd like to assure you that my doctor can tell me to stay off my feet, but she can't stop me from reaching for my laptop and cell phone as soon as the knockout drugs wear off. Because I'm that much of a workaholic. Really...)

Anyway, if you know me, you know what I was going to say: That the vote broke down pretty much like I expected it to; how I can't turn cartwheels over Obama's victory because of Prop 8's passage; how Prop 8 clearly violates the equal protection clause of California's state constitution, but the fact that it shouldn't pass legal muster doesn't excuse the way in which the No campaign was so horribly mismanaged; and that, all that aside, we freakin' did it!

Now, if only the new administration would hire me for something...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home