Quondam Dreams

Thursday, April 20, 2006

I Never Learn

The other day, I had what seemed like a very promising job interview. I had the background the interviewers were looking for. I knew exactly what they had in mind for the position, and I was chock-full of ideas that went over well. I clicked with everyone there. Best of all, it was close to where I live.

Yeah. Just got an email rejection.

Why do I even bother getting my hopes up anymore?

--

So I met this guy. I didn't think that it was the love match of the century, but there was potential.

Yeah. Email rejection. Classy.

Why do I even bother getting my hopes up?


--

Of course, there's a difference: While I'm just fine being single, this unemployment thing is doing quite a number on me. Yesterday, I thought I was finally relaxing a little, but I think what happened is that my stress odometer rolled over. Today, I'm back to clenching my jaw and restraining myself from lashing out at innocent bystanders.

This, too, shall pass. I'll live. But will I ever learn? And would my life be any better if I did? Wouldn't I just be turning in one set of frustrations for another?

And people wonder why I went into comedy...

3 Comments:

  • Hmmm... maybe I should save up some gas money and we can wallow together?

    (That wasn't supposed to sound dirty. Or WAS it?)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 21, 2006 at 10:59 AM  

  • hahah. i emailed a resume for a job this morning, and got a rejection note from the C*E*O before lunchtime.

    two months and counting.....

    By Blogger bd__sd, at April 21, 2006 at 4:21 PM  

  • Leem - I'm thinking Vegas. If we do it right, we won't care that we forgot to wallow.

    Bernard - Ouch. And yet I'm kind of impressed by the efficiency.

    Both: www.aquent.com. That's the contracting agency I've been working with since last summer. They have offices near (or near-ish) both of you, and rep all sorts of geeky talent. Show them that you can do some very basic HTML hand-coding, and they'll love you forever.

    By Blogger Rose, at April 22, 2006 at 1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home