Quondam Dreams

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Playoff picks update

First of all, how 'bout those divisional series results? I don't mean the actual games -- I mean that I picked three out of four, and that fourth one was only off by one game and a Rally Monkey incident.

I'm still picking Chicago to win the ALCS in 6 or so, for three reasons:

1. Statistically, they're playing much better. Sox post-season OPS: .781; Angels: .694. Sox post-season ERA: 2.60; Angels: 3.06.

2. The Angels are doing this without Bartolo Colon -- who, besides being the Angels' best pitcher, has a name that's really fun to say. Try it: Bartoooooloooooo Colooooon. The only other name that comes close is Kelvim Escobar, and he's no Bartolo Colon.

3. Evidently, the umps have money on the Sox.

Actually, that last consideration does make it harder to make this pick with anything approaching confidence. Still, I'm going with the Sox over the Angels.

Too bad it doesn't really matter who wins the ALCS, 'cause St. Louis is going to crush them anyway. If they don't, then I'm blaming the officials. Someone has to take the fall for the dumbest-ass (dumb-assiest?) call since the Anaheim Angels were renamed the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. I mean, really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home